As a joint venture between the Division of Diversity and Division of Community Health in the LSU Section of Emergency Medicine, we are pleased to sponsor a fourth year senior medical student who plans a career in EM and wishes to experience a rotation in our department. Students must self-identify as an under-represented minority (URM) and display genuine interest in exploring issues of social determinants of health, population medicine, access to care, and social justice.
Students selected for the program will receive:
- $500 in travel assistance to New Orleans
- Housing in student residential facility in Downtown New Orleans, adjacent to med school and hospital facilities
- A resident and faculty mentor who will meet with the student during their rotation, to provide career and professional guidance as well as a personal connection to the community
- Students must be entering their final year of medical school at an accredited, U.S. institution, and must have completed all of their required core rotations (Medicine, Pediatrics, OB, Surgery, Psychiatry) prior to beginning the Advanced EM clerkship.
- Current CV
- Submission of URM Scholarship Application
- Submission of Visiting Clerkship application via VSAS
Available Rotation Dates:
Block 1: July 1 – July 28
Block 2: July 29 – Aug 25
Block 3: Aug 26 – Sept 22
Block 4: Sept 23 – Oct 20
Applications Open: February 1, 2019
Deadline: March 15, 2019